Oakhurst Ca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ack... Ack...
Evolution - Letter to my Granddaughter EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:44 pm by Red Mule

» Shall We Play A Game?
Evolution - Letter to my Granddaughter EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 10:38 pm by deckroid

» Technical help
Evolution - Letter to my Granddaughter EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:58 pm by Red Mule

» Next Time we have a game
Evolution - Letter to my Granddaughter EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 11:36 pm by Petrock

» Planetsserver down?
Evolution - Letter to my Granddaughter EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 6:09 pm by Baer

» What I do / don't like
Evolution - Letter to my Granddaughter EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:52 pm by Petrock

» Happy Thoughts
Evolution - Letter to my Granddaughter EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 11:51 pm by Petrock

» PAL build system
Evolution - Letter to my Granddaughter EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:11 pm by Petrock

» Evolution - Letter to my Granddaughter
Evolution - Letter to my Granddaughter EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 11:54 am by Red Mule

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Evolution - Letter to my Granddaughter

Go down

Evolution - Letter to my Granddaughter Empty Evolution - Letter to my Granddaughter

Post  Red Mule Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:54 am

Sierra,

I thought you shouldn't get all your information about evolution from the folks that feel it somehow conflicts with their religion. There are already too many people that demand science should conform to their own religion or politics, rather than the other direction around.

Here are just 3 of many sites. I chose these because it is clear who posted them and what their educational reliability is. IE: A University, a respected scientific journal, and the US Division of Educational Programs.

The Short Proof of Evolution by Ian Johnston, Malaspina University-College Nanaimo, BC:
http://records.viu.ca/~johnstoi/essays/courtenay1.htm

Human Genome Shows Proof of Recent Evolution, Survey Finds
Scott Norris, for National Geographic News:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/03/0308_060308_evolution.html

Ask A Scientist©️Biology Archive, Proof for Evolution? Web site supported by The Division of Educational Programs (DEP) serves as the interface between the Department of Energy, Argonne National Laboratory (ANL) and the academic community:
http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/newton/askasci/1993/biology/bio039.htm

After reading these, I would suggest you go back to any of the sites that attempt to disprove evolution and really research who they are and what their scientific credentials are. I think you will find they are folks like "Jesus-is-savior.com" and "remnantofgod.org" and who really have a religious point they want to make.

I was unable to find ANY recognized educational or scientific institution that had posted any evidence contrary to the established evolutionary model. Now, some might suggest this "proves" there must be some vast anti-religious conspiracy that has taken control of all our universities and our government. I'll leave it to your common sense to decide if this is the case. I know how much you like conspiracy theories. Smile
Red Mule
Red Mule

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum