Oakhurst Ca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ack... Ack...
Interesting things to do in the local mountain area "OUTDOORS" EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:44 pm by Red Mule

» Shall We Play A Game?
Interesting things to do in the local mountain area "OUTDOORS" EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 10:38 pm by deckroid

» Technical help
Interesting things to do in the local mountain area "OUTDOORS" EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:58 pm by Red Mule

» Next Time we have a game
Interesting things to do in the local mountain area "OUTDOORS" EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 11:36 pm by Petrock

» Planetsserver down?
Interesting things to do in the local mountain area "OUTDOORS" EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 6:09 pm by Baer

» What I do / don't like
Interesting things to do in the local mountain area "OUTDOORS" EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:52 pm by Petrock

» Happy Thoughts
Interesting things to do in the local mountain area "OUTDOORS" EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 11:51 pm by Petrock

» PAL build system
Interesting things to do in the local mountain area "OUTDOORS" EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:11 pm by Petrock

» Evolution - Letter to my Granddaughter
Interesting things to do in the local mountain area "OUTDOORS" EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 11:54 am by Red Mule

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Interesting things to do in the local mountain area "OUTDOORS"

Go down

Interesting things to do in the local mountain area "OUTDOORS" Empty Interesting things to do in the local mountain area "OUTDOORS"

Post  green mule Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:52 pm

Here are a few of my ideas, but my family is always looking for more. geek
* Geocaching - Using a GPS and finding treasure... I can tell you more if you are interested. Check out www.geocaching.com
* Local Hikes - see topic on hikes and Nelder Grove
* Sierra Scenic Byway - www.sierravistascenicbyway.org. A map is on the website with many interesting things to see on the drive. I'd suggest one long day, or break it into two or three.
* Swim Holes - When it is hot it is always fun to go to the swim holes in the area. One is off of Big Sandy (but very cold even in August!), another is near the Gray's Mountain Campground, and a bit further check out the one near Wawona at the Swinging Bridge. Lots of fun!
* Going to the Lake ideas. 1) Going to the lake isn't just for the summer. If it is too cold to swim we like to DIG. For those of you with kids... my family likes to find a good beach at the lake, bring some shovels and dig. It keeps the kids entertained for quite some time. 2) We like to bring our Metal Detector, even if we don't find GOLD/Treasure, it is amazing the amount of nails and such that we find. 3) Rock hunting combined with picking up trash. Our favorite spot, so far, is north of the dam/boat launch.
green mule
green mule

Back to top Go down

Interesting things to do in the local mountain area "OUTDOORS" Empty Another Swim Hole

Post  green mule Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:34 pm

Another swim hole that I didn't mention is at the North Fork Rec. Center. There are certain hours that they are open, but the kids love it. It has a rope swing that my son LOVES. There are also swings and play structures for kids to play on.

Another Trail - The North Fork Forest Service Office in downtown North Fork also has a nice path that follows the creek. Watch for poison oak, but as long as you stay on the path you'll be fine.
green mule
green mule

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum