Oakhurst Ca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ack... Ack...
Hiking Trails EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:44 pm by Red Mule

» Shall We Play A Game?
Hiking Trails EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 10:38 pm by deckroid

» Technical help
Hiking Trails EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:58 pm by Red Mule

» Next Time we have a game
Hiking Trails EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 11:36 pm by Petrock

» Planetsserver down?
Hiking Trails EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 6:09 pm by Baer

» What I do / don't like
Hiking Trails EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:52 pm by Petrock

» Happy Thoughts
Hiking Trails EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 11:51 pm by Petrock

» PAL build system
Hiking Trails EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:11 pm by Petrock

» Evolution - Letter to my Granddaughter
Hiking Trails EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 11:54 am by Red Mule

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Hiking Trails

4 posters

Go down

Hiking Trails Empty Hiking Trails

Post  Admin Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:35 pm

I thought I would just start this thread about hiking trails in the area. Anyone that wants to suggest any or ask about any is certainly welcome to reply.

Hiking Trails S1514206078_30248151_1993058

Last edited by Admin on Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oakhurstca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hiking Trails Empty Hiking Trails

Post  green mule Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:29 pm

Of course my favorite trails are located in Nelder Grove (see thread on Nelder Grove), but there are others in the area that my family enjoys. Nelder Grove: Shadow of the Giants, Bull Buck Trail, Chimney Tree Trail, Big Ed, Trail that leads to the Hawksworth Tree, Grand-dad, and the Graveyard of the Giants. Lewis Creek Trail - Most people access this trail from Hwy. 41 and has a parking area with a trailhead sign. You can hear Corlieu Falls from the parking area. If you walk around the green gate you will have 2 options at the next Y... If you head to the right it will take you to Corlieu Falls. At the second switchback with the open area... if you look across the falls you may even see the hot spring. If you continue down (it does get pretty steep) this path it will eventually end in Cedar Valley. If at the Y you take a left, there is a great spot for a picnic at the log bridge not far away. If you continue across the bridge it will take you to Red Rock Falls and some beautiful areas. In the summer most of the trail are in the shade (except for maybe two short spots). Willow Creek is another trail that you can access from Bass Lake by the Falls Beach. Beware though. This is steep, and has quite a bit of poison oak along the edges of the trail until you cross the upper road. If you continue on the path it will eventually lead to McCloud Flat as well as two other beautiful waterfalls. Brown's Ditch - This is great, but not for young kids (my daughter could do this trail at 6, but it still made me a bit nervous), animals, or those with balance problems... There are 20 areas where you walk on top of the flume/ditch. This trail can be found at the end of the lake by Central Camp Road. Park opposite from the turn out to Central Camp Road. Cross the street and take the path to the right of Central Camp Road. 2 miles each way. Shocked[u]
green mule
green mule

Back to top Go down

Hiking Trails Empty Re: Hiking Trails

Post  jakobscalpel Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:03 pm

I just hiked on Lewis creek today with a friend from out of town (Hollywood). He was duly impressed. Of course, the fact it was perfect weather for hiking and the fact that he wasn't surrounded by 30 million people helped, I'm sure.

jakobscalpel

Back to top Go down

Hiking Trails Empty Lewis Creek

Post  Red Mule Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:33 pm

My daughter took the photo (above) in the cave on Lewis Trail.
Shocked
Red Mule
Red Mule

Back to top Go down

Hiking Trails Empty Green Gate Trail?

Post  Red Mule Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:24 pm

Don't know the official name, but walked the Green Gate Trail just above The Forks today. Great easy trail. Gentle slope and nice scenery. Evidence of horses too. Smile
After that, went to the lake and realized with the water so low, there are now lots of good beach walks too.
Red Mule
Red Mule

Back to top Go down

Hiking Trails Empty Re: Hiking Trails

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum